Welcome to our wonderful collection of Famous Friendship Quotes for Your Best Friends. Friends hold a special place in everyone’s life. Friendship is a relationship of mutual affection between people and this can lead to long lasting relationship over time. For lasting Friendship requires mutual love, companionship, compassion, support and mutual understanding. Even when life has its ups and downs, best friends are always stays with there. Best friends can have fun as well as inspire you to move forward on the right path in life. You can send Famous Friendship Quotes to make best friends feel special sometimes.
Here is your favorite some Famous Friendship Quotes for Your Best Friends. If you are looking for some famous Friendship Quotes for your best friends then you have come to the right page. So scroll on and read the Famous Friendship Quotes for Your Best Friends.
Table of Contents
Famous Friendship Quotes for Your Best Friends
Heartfelt and True saying for Best friends
Funny Sayings for best friends
- read also some True Friendship Quotes
Famous Friendship Quotes for Your Best Friends
1. “A sweet friendship refreshes the soul.” — Proverbs 27:9
2. “One of the most beautiful qualities of true friendship is to understand and to be understood.” — Lucius Annaeus Seneca
3. “A good friend is like a four-leaf clover; hard to find and lucky to have.” — Irish Proverb
4. “I would rather walk with a friend in the dark, than alone in the light.” –Helen Keller
5. “The best way to mend a broken heart is time and girlfriends.” — Gwyneth Paltrow
6. “You find out who your real friends are when you’re involved in a scandal.” — Elizabeth Taylor
7. “I don’t know what I would have done so many times in my life if I hadn’t had my girlfriends.” — Reese Witherspoon
8. “Many people will walk in and out of your life, but only true friends will leave footprints in your heart.” — Eleanor Roosevelt
9. “It’s not that diamonds are a girl’s best friend, but it’s your best friends who are your diamonds.” — Gina Barreca
10. “Friendship isn’t about who you’ve known the longest, it’s about who walked in to your life, said ‘I’m here for you,’ and proved it.” – Unknown
11. “It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
12. “If you have two friends in your lifetime, you’re lucky. If you have one good friend, you’re more than lucky.” — S.E. Hinton
13. “Friends: people who borrow my books and set wet glasses on them.” — Edwin Arlington Robinson
14. “True friends don’t judge each other, they judge other people together.” — Emilie Saint-Genis
15. “True friendship is like sound health; the value of it is seldom known until it is lost.” — Charles Caleb Colton
16. “Friendship is the purest love.” — Osho
17. “Constant use had not worn ragged the fabric of their friendship.” — Dorothy Parker
18. “True friendship is never serene.” — Marquise de Sevigne
19. “‘We’ll be Friends Forever, won’t we, Pooh?’ asked Piglet.
20. ‘Even longer,’ Pooh answered.” — A.A. Milne (Winnie-the-Pooh)
21. “A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out.” — Walter Winchell
22. “Be true to your word, your work, and your friend.” — John Boyle O’Reilly
23. “Friends should be like books, few, but hand-selected.” — C.J. Langenhoven
24. “A friend is someone who makes it easy to believe in yourself.” — Heidi Wills
25. “In a friend you find a second self.” — Isabelle Norton
26. “A true friend stabs you in the front.” — Oscar Wilde
27. “Do not save your loving speeches for your friends till they are dead; do not write them on their tombstones, speak them rather now instead.” – Anna Cummins
28. “Without friends no one would choose to live, though he had all other goods.” – Aristotle
29. “A friend is one of the nicest things you can have, and one of the best things you can be.” — Douglas Pagels
30. “I no doubt deserved my enemies, but I don’t believe I deserved my friends.” — Walt Whitman
31. “Fate chooses your relations, you choose your friends.” — Jacques Delille
32. “A snowball in the face is surely the perfect beginning to a lasting friendship.” — Markus Zusak
33. “Things are never quite as scary when you have a best friend.” — Bill Watterson
34. “Where there are friends, there is wealth.” — Titus Maccius Plautus
35. “It’s the friends you can call up at 4am that matter.” — Marlene Dietrich
36. “Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: ‘What! You too? I thought I was the only one.” — C.S. Lewis
- also read some Funny Friendship Quotes and Messages
37. “Nothing makes the earth seem so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.” — Henry David Thoreau
38. “I would rather walk with a friend in the dark, than alone in the light.” — Helen Keller
39. “Be slow to fall into friendship; but when thou art in, continue firm & constant.” — Socrates
40. “Wishing to be friends is quick work, but friendship is a slow ripening fruit.” — Aristotle
41. “I destroy my enemy when i make him my friend.” — Abraham Lincoln
42. “A friend to all is a friend to none.” — Aristotle
43. “Only a true best friend can protect you from your immortal enemies.” — Richelle Mead
44. “Some people arrive and make such a beautiful impact on your life, you can barely remember what life was like without them.” — Anna Taylor
45. “Remember that the most valuable antiques are dear old friends.” — H. Jackson Brown Jr.
46. “Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born.” — Anais Nin
47. “A friend is a gift you give yourself.” — Robert Louis Stevenson
48. “True friendship can afford true knowledge. It does not depend on darkness and ignorance.” — Henry David Thoreau
49. “Friendship improves happiness, and abates misery, by doubling our joys, and dividing our grief.” — Marcus Tullius Cicero
50. “They make me stronger; they make me braver.” — Jane Fonda
51. “Friends are the siblings God never gave us.” — Mencius
52. “A friendship that can end never really began.” — Publilius Syrus
53. “Love is blind; friendship closes its eyes.” — Friedrich Nietzsche
54. “I value the friend who for me finds time on his calendar, but I cherish the friend who for me does not consult his calendar.” — Robert Brault
55. “Friendship consists in forgetting what one gives and remembering what one receives.” — Alexander Dumas
56. “A friend is someone who knows all about you and still loves you.” — Elbert Hubbard
57. “An insincere and evil friend is more to be feared than a wild beast; a wild beast may wound your body, but an evil friend will wound your mind.” — Buddha
58. “A friend knows the song in my heart and sings it to me when my memory fails.” — Donna Roberts
59. “The best time to make friends is before you need them.” — Ethel Barrymore
60. “The language of friendship is not words but meanings.” — Henry David Thoreau
61. “In the sweetness of friendship let there be laughter, for in the dew of little things the heart finds its morning and is refreshed.” — Khalil Gibran
62. “A good friend can tell you what is the matter with you in a minute. He may not seem such a good friend after telling.” — Arthur Brisbane
63. “A good word is an easy obligation; but not to speak ill requires only our silence; which costs us nothing.” — John Tillotson
64. “A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked.” — Bernard Meltzer
65. “Friendship is like a glass ornament, once it is broken it can rarely be put back together exactly the same way.” — Charles Kingsley
66. “No person is your friend who demands your silence, or denies your right to grow.” — Alice Walker
67. “Friendship is the only cement that will ever hold the world together.” — Woodrow T. Wilson
68. “Friends are those rare people who ask how we are and then wait to hear the answer.” — Ed Cunningham
69. “The most beautiful discovery true friends make is that they can grow separately without growing apart.” — Elisabeth Foley
70. “I think about my best friendship – which the Marnie-Hannah friendship in Girls is based on – as like a great romance of my young life.” — Lena Dunham
71. “The real test of friendship is can you literally do nothing with the other person? Can you enjoy those moments of life that are utterly simple?” — Eugene Kennedy
72. “A loyal friend laughs at your jokes when they’re not so good, and sympathizes with your problems when they’re not so bad.” — Arnold H. Glasgow
- also read some How to increase Mental strength
73. “One measure of friendship consists not in the number of things friends can discuss, but in the number of things they need no longer mention.” — Clifton Fadiman
74. “Tis the privilege of friendship to talk nonsense, and to have her nonsense respected.” — Charles Lamb
75. “You can always tell a real friend: when you’ve made a fool of yourself he doesn’t feel you’ve done a permanent job.” — Laurence J. Peter
76. “Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down.” — Oprah Winfrey
77. “There is nothing I wouldn’t do for those who are really my friends. I have no notion of loving people by halves; it is not my nature.” — Jane Austen, Northanger Abbey
78. “Don’t make friends who are comfortable to be with. Make friends who will force you to lever yourself up.” — Thomas J. Watson
79. “You can make more friends in two months by becoming interested in other people than you can in two years by trying to get other people interested in you.” — Dale Carnegie
80. “A true friend never gets in your way unless you happen to be going down.” — Arnold H. Glasgow
81. “There’s not a word yet for old friends who’ve just met.” — Jim Henson
82. “Anybody can sympathies with the sufferings of a friend, but it requires a very fine nature to sympathies with a friend’s success.” — Oscar Wilde
83. “Don’t walk behind me; I may not lead. Don’t walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend.” — Albert Camus
84. “In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.” — Martin Luther King Jr
85. “A single rose can be my garden… a single friend, my world.” — Leo Buscaglia
86. “Find a group of people who challenge and inspire you; spend a lot of time with them, and it will change your life.” — Amy Poehler
87. “True friendship comes when the silence between two people is comfortable.” — David Tyson
88. “A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out.” — Walter Winchell
89. “Sweet is the memory of distant friends! Like the mellow rays of the departing sun, it falls tenderly, yet sadly, on the heart.” — Washington Irving
90. “A friend is one that knows you as you are, understands where you have been, accepts what you have become, and still, gently allows you to grow.” — William Shakespeare
91. “We come from homes far from perfect, so you end up almost parent and sibling to your friends – your own chosen family. There’s nothing like a really loyal, dependable, good friend. Nothing.” — Jennifer Aniston
92. “Friendship is the hardest thing in the world to explain. It’s not something you learn in school. But if you haven’t learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven’t learned anything.” — Muhammad Ali
93. “The only good thing about times of adversity is that you realize who your real friends and fans are – and the rest go away – which in my mind is an OK thing.” — Pete Wentz
94. “I cannot even imagine where I would be today were it not for that handful of friends who have given me a heart full of joy. Let’s face it, friends make life a lot more fun.” — Charles R. Swindoll
95. “Blessed are they who have the gift of making friends, for it is one of God’s greatest gifts. It involves many things, but above all the power of going out of one’s self and appreciating what is noble and loving in another.” — Thomas Hughes
96. “Some souls just understand each other upon meeting.” — N. R. Hart
- also read some Alpha Level Meditation for Mental Relaxation
97. “Don’t be dismayed at good-byes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again. And meeting again, after moments or lifetimes, is certain for those who are friends.” — Richard Bach
98. “When we honestly ask ourselves which person in our lives means the most to us, we often find that it is those who, instead of giving advice, solutions, or cures, have chosen rather to share our pain and touch our wounds with a warm and tender hand.” – Henri Nouwen
99. “One of the tasks of true friendship is to listen compassionately and creatively to the hidden silences. Often secrets are not revealed in words, they lie concealed in the silence between the words or in the depth of what is unsayable between two people.” – John O’Donohue
100. “One friend with whom you have a lot in common is better than three with whom you struggle to find things to talk about.” — Mindy Kaling
101. “If you can survive 11 days in cramped quarters with a friend and come out laughing, your friendship is the real deal.” — Oprah Winfrey
102. “In everyone’s life, at some time, our inner fire goes out. It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit.” — Albert Schweitzer
103. “No matter how tired I am, I get dinner at least once a week with my girlfriends. Or have a sleepover. Otherwise my life is just all work.” — Jennifer Lawrence
104. “Every friendship travels at sometime through the black valley of despair. This tests every aspect of your affection. You lose the attraction and the magic.” — John O’Donohue
105. “Life is an awful, ugly place to not have a best friend.” — Sarah Desse
106. “Never leave a friend behind. Friends are all we have to get us through this life–and they are the only things from this world that we could hope to see in the next.” — Dean Koontz
107. “A friend is someone who gives you total freedom to be yourself — and especially to feel, or not feel. Whatever you happen to be feeling at any moment is fine with them. That’s what real love amounts to – letting a person be what he really is.” — Jim Morrison
108. “Men kick friendship around like a football, but it doesn’t seem to crack. Women treat it like glass and it goes to pieces.” — Anne Morrow Lindbergh
109. “I think if I’ve learned anything about friendship, it’s to hang in, stay connected, fight for them, and let them fight for you. Don’t walk away, don’t be distracted, don’t be too busy or tired, don’t take them for granted. Friends are part of the glue that holds life and faith together. Powerful stuff.” — John Katz
110. “We cannot tell the precise moment when friendship is formed. As in filling a vessel drop by drop, there is at last a drop which makes it run over; so in a series of kindnesses there is at last one which makes the heart run over.” — Ray Bradbury
111. “Sometimes being a friend means mastering the art of timing. There is a time for silence. A time to let go and allow people to hurl themselves into their own destiny. And a time to prepare to pick up the pieces when it’s all over.” — Octavia Butler
Heartfelt and True saying for Best friends
112. Best friends can talk for hours about nothing at all, or say everything with just a look.
113. A best friend may not always be there with you, but they’re always there for you.
114. Don’t tell me any secrets unless you want my bestie to know, too.
115. A best friend knows exactly who you are. That’s because they helped make you who you are.
116. You can tell your best friend things… sometimes things you can’t even tell yourself.
117. How do I know you’re my best friend? Because you’re in all my favorite memories.
118. A best friend can turn tears of sadness into tears of laughter before you even know what happened.
119. A best friend makes you talk longer, smile wider, and laugh harder than you thought possible.
120. I always dreamed of having someone like you in my life, but never thought it would happen. You are my fairy tale friend.
121. Best friends don’t just keep your embarrassing secrets; they tell you their own secrets so you don’t feel quite so embarrassed anymore.
122. Best friends are like a pair of shoes: They need each other to function, and they’re practically indistinguishable. You might say they’re sole mates.
Funny Sayings for best friends
123. A friend will be your alibi. A best friend will be your accomplice.
124. If you weren’t my best friend, I’d have to kill you. You know too much.
125. Best friends are like family members you actually want to hang out with.
126. Having a best friend is like other friendships, except twice as loud.
127. A best friend is always ready with a shoulder for you to cry on, and a backhand for the person who made you sad.
128. It’s good for best friends to spend time apart once in awhile. Their voice boxes need time to recover.
129. A best friend is someone who offers you a hand when you fall… right after they stop laughing their ass off.
130. When you look at someone and the two of you start giggling like idiots for reasons no one understands… that’s when you know you have a best friend.
131. A best friend is someone who has seen your dance moves, smelled your farts, and heard about all your junior high crushes… and still wants to hang out with you.
- also read some Power of Your Subconscious Mind
- also read some Develop an Attractive Personality
Hope you are enjoying these Famous Friendship Quotes for Your Best Friends. Choose your favorite quotes from Famous Friendship Quotes and send it to inspire your best friend. You can share these Famous Friendship Quotes for Your Best Friends Friend on Facebook, WhatsApp, Instagram, Twitter or any other social media of your choice.